Saturday, April 8, 2006

Handmade Just 4 You Unites Shoppers and Artists with New Site

Handmade Just 4 You Unites Shoppers and Artists with New Site

www. HandmadeJust4You. com launches a new site that showcases a vast array of handmade crafts, from jewelry and clothing to aromatherapy and home décor. Bringing together a panoply of talented artisans and eclectic items, it allows shoppers to browse a bazaar of top-quality handicrafts in one place.

Louisville, KY (PRWEB) April 16, 2008

Newly-opened www. HandmadeJust4You. com was founded to offer the kinds of handcrafted products ordinarily seen at craft fairs and bazaars, but with an important difference -- it combines a number of talented artists in a variety of mediums and fields, allowing customers to browse one store for a vast selection of handmade goods. "I know a lot of people who are artisans and crafters, so I decided to focus on handmade and handcrafted products," explains Paula Englert, a retired teacher who founded and runs the store. "I love handmade things -- they are so unique -- and thought others would, too. I also like things that are handy, so some products may not necessarily be handmade, but they are all useful."

Item quality and attractiveness is paramount at Handmade Just 4 You, which is why Paula personally selects the products she places on her site. "All are quality items, and are things I would and do buy for myself," she says. "Some of the items are produced by groups in impoverished countries; some are made by disabled persons; and others are made by a company that helps the homeless. In buying their products and carrying them in my store, I am doing what I can to help those people in the best way I know how. In buying their products, my customers and I are helping improve the lives, economy, and education of the workers and their families. It is very important to me that my customers buy those kinds of products." New products are added regularly through Paula's contacts at gift and art shows, with the next upcoming addition being hand-thrown pottery.

Paula has also opened a blog at www. HandmadeJust4YouBlog. com, where she can discuss her products, the artisans who craft them, and the various causes she supports and feels are important for her readers to know. Discussions range from products like the Metamorphosis All-Terrain Stroller (which lasts from a child's birth up to 70 pounds) and businesses like Papa Pat's Farmhouse (which employs the disabled) to sharing of recipes, techniques, and information on a variety of topics. "I have always been a people person," says Paula. "I like hearing about others and how they handle situations. I am a good listener, and I don't mind sharing some of my life experiences and interests."

###