Saturday, September 30, 2006

"Back to Justice" Author Kolyn Marshall Interviewed by PageOneLit. com

"Back to Justice" Author Kolyn Marshall Interviewed by PageOneLit. com

Kolyn Marshall is currently the National Education Director for Watts Radiant, a leading manufacturer in radiant floor heating systems. Central Missouri is home to Kolyn, having earned a BSME degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia. Kolyn currently lives in Springfield, Missouri with his wife and daughter.

(PRWEB) May 4, 2005

"Back to Justice" author Jim Dreis was recently interviewed by PageOneLit. com.

PageOneLit: When did you first become interested in writing?

Kolyn Marshall: I donÂ’t remember when exactly. Writing has always been something I enjoyed. The first thing I remember writing was a short story for one of my grade school classes. We had to write and illustrate a story of our own creation. I was hooked from then on.

PageOneLit: What inspires you to write?

Kolyn Marshall: Life. I enjoy looking at life from a different viewpoint. Science Fiction has always played an important part in what I’ve read or watched. It has the unique advantage of not being tied to the limitations of the real world. Good science fiction has the ability to do both – stretch the boundaries while still playing by the rules. I like taking a topic or a thought and twisting it. Sometimes I learn a little bit about myself along the way.

PageOneLit: Who and/or what have been you biggest influences and why?

Kolyn Marshall: Tough one. IÂ’m not really sure. I would have to say from a literary stand point it would be Michael Crichton, Stephen King and James Patterson to name a few. These are truly master story tellers in their own way. Michael has a great ability to take fact and make a great fictional story out of it. You feel as if you are learning as you go. Stephen simply takes you away to a world only he knows and wants to share. James is short and to the point. He creates great word pictures.

And then you have the countless Start Trek novels that are out there.

These are the people who have influence my writing.

The entire interview may be read at http://www. pageonelit. com/interviews/KMarshall. html (http://www. pageonelit. com/interviews/KMarshall. html)

# # #