Friday, March 12, 2010

"Think Yourself Healthy!™ The Effectiveness of Hypnotherapy" From The North Shore Women's Journal, December 2005, <a href="http://www. NSWJ. com" onclick="linkClick(this. href)">http://www. NSWJ. com</a&gt

"Think Yourself Healthy!™ The Effectiveness of Hypnotherapy" From The North Shore Women's Journal, December 2005, http://www. NSWJ. com

It's July 2000. I am sitting on a paper sheet in my doctor's office in Beverly Hills, California and am anxiously looking at my watch. Doesn't he know I'm busy?! Dr. Michael Soffer finally walks in and tells me that I had to quit smoking. "Funny", I said. "My OBGYN just said the very same thing a few days ago, but now just isn't a good time for me". I was responsible for six companies and was under a lot of pressure. He then suggested I see a hypnotherapist. "A whatie what"?! Having my conservative and highly respected Doctor tell me to see a hypnotist was like, well, - "like so totally LA…"

Essex County, MA (PRWEB) December 20, 2005

The North Shore Women's Journal, http://www. NSWJ. com (http://www. NSWJ. com).

It's July 2000. Juliette Lackey was sitting on a paper sheet in her doctor's office in Beverly Hills, California and was anxiously looking at her watch. Doesn't he know I'm busy?! Dr. Michael Soffer finally walks in and tells her that she has to quit smoking. "Funny", Juliette said. "My OBGYN just said the very same thing a few days ago, but now just isn't a good time for me". I was responsible for six companies and was under a lot of pressure. He then suggested I see a hypnotherapist. "A whatie what"?! Having my conservative and highly respected Doctor tell me to see a hypnotist was like, well, - "like so totally LA…"

I loved to smoke! You see, I was born, raised and educated in Switzerland. After age 12 it was illegal "not" to smoke. Nevertheless, I made the appointment (to get the Doc off my back) and smoked 4 cigarettes on my way to Terrie Huberman's office. I was nervous, guarded and more than dubious. Aren't hypnotists voodoo practicing, devil worshipping vampires? Terrie opened her door, looking like a normal human being - go figure. She asked me a ton of questions about my smoking, relaxed me to the point where I felt like dozing off, and 3 hours later, I was a non-smoker.

Terrie recorded our session and gave me the tape to take home. I listened to it every night while falling asleep. That's it. That's all I had to do. It was so easy but it didn't make sense to me! Why did I not go crazy? Why wasn't I tense and driving everyone around me nuts? Well, let's just wait and see until that one big bad dramatic thing happens that always threw me off the wagon in the past. And then it did - big bad dramatic divorce! And during the entire process, I never even thought about smoking.

I was so intrigued that I began looking into these "mind-over-matter" topics. The more I read, the more impressed I became. I dreamt about being a hypnotist one night and the next day, enrolled in the Cara Institute of Advanced Hypnosis.

So how does it work? When we repeatedly do something, a network of kindled nerve cells is created. These nerve cells are in a constant state of "firing", ready to do that one thing over and over again (smoking while drinking a cup of coffee, or grabbing a bag of chips while watching TV). When we go into a deep state of relaxation, somewhere between Theta & Delta, those cells relax and calm down. A "communications" channel is established between the two sides of the brain and by using guided imagery, visualizations and positive suggestions, new nerve networks can be created. By repeatedly listening to the new suggestions, these newly created cell networks begin firing more and more consistently, while the "old" networks start losing their firepower. That's how we change a behavior or a habit like smoking, overeating and overreacting during stressful situations.

Being hypnotized does not mean you'll have an out-of-body experience. You always remain in control. I cannot make you say or do anything you don't want to. Think about going to sleep at night - it's like that very last thought that crosses your mind. Like: "I have to remember to buy toilet paper tomorrow". Now, you won't wake up in the morning, yelling at the top of your lungs:"TOILET PAPER!"

Think you cannot be hypnotized? The only people that cannot be are the severely retarded and children under the age of 7.

I absolutely love what I do. There's nothing better than to help someone quit smoking and see them two weeks later smelling great, skin glowing and eyes sparkling. Their breathing has already improved; they are back in control and feel free from the addiction.

How about Robert who smoked 3 packs of cigarettes a day for 45 years, tried to stop countless times, and hasn't had a cigarette since our first meeting well over a year ago.

Smokers have different habits. Some smoke everywhere in the house, some only in the kitchen and the bathroom. Some people's car won't start unless they light up… And others only smoke at social functions. That's one of the reasons I do not conduct group sessions. Each hypnotherapy session is completely personalized.

I get equally excited when an overweight person starts losing weight - easily and effortlessly. One of my clients called one day saying: "Juliette, I just walked into a fudge shop and walked back out realizing I didn't want any! I'm not sure how this works, and I don't care - I'm just so happy"! This star of mine has lost 30 lbs so far and continues do to great. Not everyone is heavy for the same reasons. Some don't feel satisfied unless they've eaten 3 plates full of food. Others eat all day long, never allowing their stomach to rest. Some have sugar addictions and others go nuts about salt, there's emotional eating and irrational eating. Stress can be a causative factor for eating or overeating. Thus, my weight loss program is completely personalized, addressing each client's specific needs.

By the way, Hypnotism is approved by the American, Canadian and British Medical Associations. Recent scientific studies done at Harvard and Stanford Universities involving PET (positron emission tomography) scans have proven the effectiveness of Hypnotism.

As a member of the National Guild of Hypnotists, Juliette Lackey adheres to a very strict code of conduct. She has written several articles which have been published, was interviewed on a nationwide radio talk show and speaks frequently about hypnotism to the public. Juliette is a member of the missions committee of her local church, belongs to the North Shore Women In Business, the Lynn Area Chamber of Commerce, and recently earned her certification in Complementary Medical Hypnotism.

If you have a behavior or a habit you'd like to quit or change, Juliette wants to help.

It's time to…

THINK YOURSELF HEALTHY!™

Contact Juliette at:

781-593-4222

Online:

Http://www. CenterOfThought. com (http://www. CenterOfThought. com)

To learn more about this and also read other interesting articles go to http://www. NSWJ. com (http://www. NSWJ. com).

The Women’s Journal Newspapers (http://www. nswj. com (http://www. nswj. com)) are rated the #1 Educational Newspaper in the United States. The Women’s Journal seeks to educate readers as well as provide objective opinions. Each of our national, award-winning Women’s Newspapers™ is an informative, objective and educational local resource for the community. Published six times a year, both in print and online, The North Shore Women's Journal and NSWJ. com, serves readers with the professional best in local businesses by providing valued information in a wide variety of special columns and features.

###