Friday, December 14, 2007

Former Drug Addicts Join the Voices of Recovery

Former Drug Addicts Join the Voices of Recovery

Narconon Northern California graduates share their successes during Recovery Month.

Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) September 22, 2005

Every year the U. S. Department of Health and Human Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) sponsors National Alcohol and Drug Addiction Recovery Month.

Now in its 16th year, Recovery Month 2005 has adopted the theme "Join the Voices of Recovery: Healing Lives, Families and Communities."

Across the country, people in recovery are celebrating their successes and sharing them with others in an effort to educate the public about treatment—who it's for, how it works, and why. Because these successes often go unnoticed by the broader population, Voices for Recovery provides a vehicle for people to share their recovery stories.

Narconon International continues its ongoing support of Recovery Month by having graduates from centers around the country publicly joining the voices of recovery.

Narconon rehabilitation centers continually achieve a success rate of approximately 70% by using the proven drug-free approach developed by American author and humanitarian L. Ron Hubbard.

According to Joni S. who is a graduate from Narconon Northern California: "When I was 18, I started experimenting with drugs. Acid, ecstasy, Zanex and weed were part of my everyday life. By the age of 21, I began experimenting with cocaine; then after a while, cocaine didn't do it for me and I graduated to meth. I ran to meth for any reason—happy, mad, or sad. It was the only peace I had. In my mind I could not function without meth. When I woke up in the morning, that was the first thing in my mind.

"But after a while, I started to see what was happening, and on January 14, 2005, I sat my mom down and confessed my drug addiction. Although surprised and very upset, she called my dad, they discussed my drug problem and whether or not to send me to rehab. My doctor recommended Narconon Northern California and that is where I went.

"When I graduated the program, it was the most rewarding thing I have done in a very long time.

"Living without drugs is easy and much better than a drug-filled life. I wake up every morning happy and ready to live. Narconon and the staff here have saved my life, and now, as a staff member, I can give back and help save even more lives."

For more information about the Narconon Drug Rehabilitation and Education Program or to get help for a loved one, contact Narconon International today by calling 323-962-2404 or visit www. narconon-news. org.

# # #